"Not a supported package"?

Scott James Remnant scott at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 5 00:24:20 BST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-04 at 15:06 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:

> I am afflicted by this bug:
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/+bug/10858
>
> The answer was: "resolvconf is not a supported package, so its bugs are
> not currently tracked in this system."

The "not tracked" bit I suspect is because this bug was imported from
our old Bugzilla system, where we only tracked supported packages;
Malone (Launchpad) is used for tracking bugs in both supported and
unsupported packages.

> I was under the impression that all the packages in the Ubuntu
> distribution were supported!  If this is not the case then how do I tell
> if a package is supported?

Only packages in "main" or "restricted" are supported.  Those packages
in "universe" and "multiverse" are not supported by the Ubuntu team and
security updates are not provided; they are instead supported by the
community at large.

Scott
--
Scott James Remnant