Off topic posts on sounder

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 3 09:45:29 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 15:33 +0700, Chanchao wrote:

> Anyway, up to Jeff and those people..  I personally have not seen
> Sounder posts that were COMPLETELY off topic banter, talk about the
> weather or US politics or something..  It's always been more or less
> related to Ubuntu and Free operating systems.

Dude, you didn't see the massive thread about US politics? Or the one
about the third world problems in Africa?

As Jeff said, the problem is not so much about people going off-topic,
this happens sometimes, but irrelevant postings which don't add anything
to the thread at hand, and threads developing where people feel that
they can't stop discussing a subject for fear of losing some kind of ego
points (slashdot style). Off topic threads would not be difficult to
read if they didn't go on for 100s of mails :)

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF