[OT] Forum <-> -dev gateway

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Sat Sep 24 18:27:31 CDT 2005

On Sat, Sep 24, 2005 at 01:09:47PM -0400, Tom von Schwerdtner wrote:
> Do we really need to allow any old forum member to post to the
> development list?  Especially given the fact that a number of them
> seem quite willing to post asinine responses to random spam that the
> normal list subscribers would otherwise never see?  I don't mean to
> say we should be punishing everyone in the forum because of a few
> annoyances, but this is the *developers* list we are talking about and
> if someone wants to take part in developer discussions I think they
> should at least opt-in and subscribe to the damn list.

I agree, if someone really wants to talk on ubuntu-devel they can sign
up to the mailing list, it's not particularly hard to do, because
unfortunately we got wanderers by and people that misunderstand who
post there instead of ubuntu-users (I'm all for the ubuntu-users mailing
list being gatewayed) which lowers the general signal-to-noise ratio
on the list.

The ubuntu-devel <-> ubuntu-forums was read only at one point, not sure
what happened to that.

Trent

> -Tom

Trent Lloyd <lathiat at bur.st>