dups

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Thu Sep 15 07:59:35 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 02:34:15PM +0200, Jongilanga Guma wrote:
> I get 2 copies of your email, please fix,

One directly via Cc:, another via mailing list.

Some people tend to think dups are worse than not having
crossposts archived in every mailbox they get sorted to;
then they do something like this in ~/.procmailrc:

---
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail

# most important rules here

:0 Whc: msgid.lock
| formail -D 65536 msgid.cache

:0 a:
duplicates

# spam filtering and mbox scattering here
---

(actually I have another rule down there which would land one (1)
additional copy in the inbox if my known addresses are spotted on
the Cc: or in To: but that's another story which doesn't really
fit TB/win32 anyways; there seems to exist dup filtering
extension though)

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>
 ----       visit our conference (Oct 1):