volvoguy volvoguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 19:38:19 CDT 2005

On 10/26/05, ulrich steffens <ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org> wrote:

> yeah, but as always: *WHO* sets balance?
> for example you may find it childish while i'm rather comfortable with
> it. so who's balance counts?

That's what it really boils down to - personal opinion (and perhaps a
bit of ignorance). A codename is a codename. I kinda feel that if
someone dismisses Ubuntu (or any software) because of something that
trivial, then it's their loss, not ours. I've seen comments on some
sites (and you can quote me) that said, "brown sucks, therefore Ubuntu
sucks". Way to make an infomred decision. *rolls eyes*

It's just a name. It's the same argument I have here in Detroit with
family members that work for the big 3 American car manufacturers. It
doesn't matter to them that a Toyota is more American made than their
Chevy - Toyota is a foreign car manufacturer that takes away American
jobs (not true). *rolls eyes again*

Hey, this is sounder. That's my off-topic $.02. :o)

--
Aaron

Ubuntu SVG Artwork - http://www.volvoguy.net/ubuntu