Ubuntu 5.10 review at DebCentral

Christian Jensen cj2003 at debian-news.net
Fri Oct 14 13:38:13 CDT 2005

The latest spotted review, this time at DebCentral -
http://debcentral.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=51

"*_Conclusion_*
Ubuntu has certainly grown with this release. It feels better, plays
better and most things are easy to get if they're not already there.
There are a couple of niggles, the not so auto-mounting and the cosmetic
grumbles. But overall it is a really good distro. A lot of effort has
been put in to get this right and it shows. Hardware detection was
flawless on this laptop and I imagine it will be on most others.
I am glad that there was only a couple of things that I had noticed that
was wrong with it and I have been using it for 2 days now and no
surprises. Everything seems stable and runs well. Font rendering is good
and the general look is really polished (we'll ignore the GDM screen).
Put this together with 18 months of updates and I think they have a
winner here."

--
Best regards

Christian Jensen