Announcing the Ubuntu 5.10 release [UA]

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Thu Oct 13 13:30:45 CDT 2005

On Thu, Oct 13, 2005 at 12:14:03PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> Use the 'ubuntu-releases' module on se.releases.ubuntu.com.

BTW, there's going to be i386/amd64 ISO mirror here:
ftp://ftp.linux.kiev.ua/pub/Linux/Ubuntu/releases/5.10/

It's IX-local FTP, no use trying to check it out outside
Ukraine... not very SA (due to that IX I can have 100 Mbit link
to that mirror at home for $20/mo) but still a bit inconvenient
to explain.

If someone adds that to mirror list with [UA-IX only] remark,
maybe it helps some folks.

5.04 is also there and one person asked me about mirroring
unstable but unless there are at least a few users it's likely
to be a half-useful proxy, and even sponsored nightly traffic
costs someone somewhat. (disk space tends to get shorter too...)

In the meantime, I've added the announce to linux.kiev.ua
both in Russian and Ukrainian :)  Hope you guys are doing well
with this release.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>