Windows

Cefiar cef at optus.net
Sun Oct 2 20:08:58 CDT 2005

On Monday 03 October 2005 10:26, Hodgins Family wrote:

> > PS: Yes there should've been a backup. The idiot responsible now knows
> > better.
>                                                                        ^^^
> This is most definitely NOT helpful. We have no idea what his backup
> schedule looks like...maybe the problem happened in between incremental
> backups. I don't know. Neither do you.

Actually I was talking about the idiot at my workplace who didn't backup the
300GB of files that I had to recover from that NTFS partition in my previous
example. There wasn't another backup at all, so any data we lost (about 5 meg
in all - not bad out of about 300GB) was totally irrecoverable. Fortunately,
of this, about 2 meg wasn't important (easily recovered from elsewhere), but
the remainder was lost for good. Even an old backup would have been
preferrable to the loss of data in this case.

Sorry if this caused any confusion.

 Stuart Young - aka Cefiar - cef at optus.net