top story on Tom's Hardware

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Thu May 12 22:12:02 CDT 2005

 > "According to HP in Europe, the Ubuntu Linux project is currently
> limited to EMEA - a region that tends to be more receptive to Linux than
> for example the US - and aims to demonstrate that a Linux desktop can be
> easily transferred to a notebook."
>
> "EMEA" == Europe, Middle East, Africa
> And I'm assuming the "Ubuntu Linux Project" in that paragraph is the
> HP's thing, not the whole Ubuntu project :)

Interesting. In Asia, HP sells laptops running MDK (albeit an old
version), it would be interesting if they would again sell some units
with Ubuntu pre-loaded. Unfortunately, these Compaq/HP linux laptops
are entry-level models most of the time. Even IBM started selling
laptops with no OS installed at all.

Hoping though!

--
Cheers!