Linux Desktop Garage (Book Review)

Paul Sladen sounder at paul.sladen.org
Mon May 9 11:11:53 CDT 2005

  http://oceania.digitalmedianet.com/articles/viewarticle.jsp?id=32303

This book review says the following:

  Unlike the other books in the Garage series, this book contained a
  CD. Usually, CDs that accompany books are usually lost or never even used
  but this one was different.

  After looking over the disc's contents, I quickly discovered that the CD
  was bootable and it even contained some of the most popular  Linux
  programs such as GIMP ( image editing program) and OpenOffice (office
  suite). Put it in my CD drive and it booted right up to a Linux
  desktop. No installation, no reformat. Very cool idea!

and completely forgets to mention the word 'Ubuntu' or 'Gnoppix' once!  But
lets take a peek at the screenshot...:

  http://images.digitalmedianet.com/2005/Week_19/om4h3hg6/story/linuxgarage1.jpg

Kudos to the OpenCD dudes!

	-Paul