Linux ecosystem; next-gen developments (was: launchd for Linux)

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Sun May 8 00:57:39 CDT 2005

On Sat, May 07, 2005 at 12:53:25PM -0400, Eric Dunbar wrote:
> I would like to see something more sensible implemented than init,

Maybe http://jw.dyndns.org/initng/ (a friend mailed me the link,
didn't try it yet).

> My ultimate vision for Linux is an ecosystem that works. How it
> works, I don't really care, so long as people are capable of
> doing with it what they wish, within reason.

And for me it was the actual motivation of getting here since
Canonical seem to know the way to communicate with people and
manage things to do together with community.

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>