Looking at Knoppix 3.8

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 14 20:13:56 CST 2005

<quote who="Matthias Klose">

> highlights are unionfs, a file system mounted rw over the ro file system
> on the CD, so you can install additional packages, change configs, etc.
> many options to manually configure hardware.

We should probably make a bigger deal about the hoary LiveCD's capability to
do this, using standard components of the Linux kernel rather than new code.

- Jeff

--
UbuntuDownUnder: April 25th-30th                      http://www.ubuntu.com/

            What did the sausage say to the tomato at breakfast?
               "There's not mushroom this morning, is there?"