Looking at Knoppix 3.8

thephotoman rantman_2000 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 14 20:00:06 CST 2005

THANK YOU!  I couldn't grab this off the torrent successfully, so I was
beginning to despair.  I really want to see what's on this disc and how
it compares to earlier versions of Knoppix.  It's something I never
leave home without.  It sits next to my Ubuntu Live disc, though after
encountering a P2 the other day, I'm considering adding either BeatriX
or DSL to the mix, as both Knoppix and Ubuntu are both too big to do the
diagnostics I needed to do on that machine.  The people using it were
networking it after it had been on AOL some time ago, and I needed to
check that it was getting DHCP access, as there was no way I could get
anywhere with it given Windows.

So, BeatriX or DSL...It's time for me to make a choice.