LUG talk

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Fri Mar 4 09:44:36 CST 2005

On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 03:16:59 +0000, Thom May wrote:
> * Colin Watson (cjwatson at ubuntu.com) wrote :
> > On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 11:50:58PM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > <quote who="Pete Ryland">
> > >
> > > Maybe some of the UK Ubuntu crew can come along!

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your comments!  Very useful indeed.  I might even borrow some of
your slides.

I hope that some Ubuntu people do come along.  I'll then have someone to
turn to for the trickier questions. ;-)  The more, the merrier anyway!  The
turnout has declined over winter so it'd be good to see a few people make it
(a lot of the Debian and Ubuntu crowd are up in Cambridge and wouldn't
normally bother to come to GLLUG).

There's also a talk by Bruce Richardson on HA in Linux and a talk by Debian
Project Leader Martin Michlmayr (tbm) on quality in Free Software
development.

> > Sounds interesting. I've stuck it in my diary, and might well show up.
> >
> Yeah, I'll probably try and turn up as well. Is there a URL/exact info for
> where and when?

Hiya Thom, long time no see.  It'd be good to catch up if you can make it.

The URL is:

http://www.gllug.org.uk/meeting-20050312.html

It has rough directions.  We've not used this venue before so I'm not sure
how difficult it is to get there, but apparently it's a Debian/perl house
employing a number of DDs!

Pete