LUG talk

Pete Ryland pdr at pdr.cx
Fri Mar 4 06:26:18 CST 2005

I seem to have been roped into doing a talk for my local LUG and so I've
decided to do an install and demo of Ubuntu.  I'm mailing for some advice
about how to go about this.  Specifically:

* Has anyone else done a similar user-group-focussed talk that I could
  "share" materials with?  Are there any existing resources I could use for
  this?
* Should I be demonstrating Hoary or Warty?
* Anything else that may help?  Any 2c worth of advice to be had?

My current thoughts are to touch on the following:

* Debian-based, with dpkg, apt-get, synaptic, FHS-compliant
* freedom philosophy
* 6-month release schedule, with dates of next release
* the components (main, restricted, universe)
* an overview of software installed with versions, GNOME release
  synchronisation
* provide a few useful URLs

FWIW, the talk will be in a week tomorrow, at Fotango, near Old Street tube,
London, UK.

TIA,
Pete