Paul Thurrott and Ubuntu

Marius Bock marius at henriska.co.za
Wed Jun 29 14:15:48 CDT 2005

For those that does not know but Paul Thurrott is basically a Windows evangelist
and writes for Windows Magazine and the Windows IT Pro site.  Here is what he
says about Ubuntu and I quote:
<quote>
 The Zulu word ubuntu roughly translates to "community" or "humanity to others,"
but a more accurate meaning is, "I am because we are; we are because I am." Not
coincidentally, the Linux distribution Ubuntu seeks to bring this philosophy of
selflessness to software development. To me, it best encapsulates what's
wonderful about open-source software (OSS) development and seems to rise above
the politics that often tarnish that movement. Ubuntu is my favorite Linux
distribution, and if you're curious about life on the Other Side, I can't think
of a better place to start.
</quote>
Here is the link for the full article --
http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Networking/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=46858
--
Marius Bock