Closing a window with sys-menu / dblclick

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at ubuntu.com
Tue Jun 28 22:16:33 CDT 2005

<quote who="Eric Dunbar">

> INEXPERIENCED??? I see *experienced* (10 years+) users double-clicking
> all the time in web browsers (usually Windozers, but also the
> occasional Maccie).

Please calm down your comments - we're just having a discussion here, we
don't need to make it manic.

> I don't see double-click on the system-menu in window as *harmful* but
> it's definitely bad GUI. The system-menu itself is *also* bad GUI and
> I'd be quite happy to see it disappear completely.

The window menu is necessary for full keyboard control of the interface,
which is necessary in particular for users without fine motor control (you
may want to run GNOME without a mouse, or by turning on the 'BSOD' test
theme which turns the entire user interface blue - it is surprisingly easy
to use, due to the work done on accessibility and keyboard control).

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit 2005: October 8th-10th         http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

   "When you're running, you want to run as far as you can, and you can't
                 run further than Australia." - Jacek Koman