Closing a window with sys-menu / dblclick

John dingo at coco2.arach.net.au
Mon Jun 27 23:45:11 CDT 2005

Corey Burger wrote:
> This was recently discussed upstream on the Gnome Usablity list and
> rejected as non-discoverable and harmful.
>
> The behaviour is legacy of Windows 3.1 days.
I learned it in OS/2. I've not used windows (of any release) enough to
recall whether they do it.

It's one of the (few) OS/2 features I miss.

I'd not have thought it non-discoverable; clearly I'm not the only one
who did.

> Corey

Will people pleast stop copying everyone. We're all here, none of us
needs two copies.

ps One of the Linux features i miss: when I first used Linux, the system
menu included "kill." I note that after many years it's coming back
under the moniker of "force-quit." NBT.