LugRadio Live (Wolverhampton, UK)

Matthew Revell matt at understated.co.uk
Sun Jun 26 11:18:34 CDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 11:30 +0100, Paul Sladen wrote:
> Yesterday, LugRadio Live! happened:
>
>   http://www.lugradio.org/live/2005/
>
> This is the first large community-organised Linux 'exhibition' in the UK
> and I found it refreshing lacking corporate blitz (but lacking in corporate
> freebies).  LugRadio Live happened in the bar of a football (soccer) stadium
> of Wolverhampton Wanders FC, so everything was painted Yellow in colour.

Thanks for the write-up Paul; hope you sold a few t-shirts :)

We're amazed by how many people turned up and I'd like to say thanks to
all the Ubuntu guys who came along. There was a fantastic Ubuntu and
Debian presence at the event.

It seems that people enjoyed the event and we managed to do it without
losing any money :) So, there will definitely be one next year.

Thanks again guys.