ubuntu for pagans

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski opi at cyb3r.org
Mon Jun 20 05:35:04 CDT 2005

On Monday 20 of June 2005 11:02, Michael Shigorin wrote:

> JFYI: in Russian and Ukrainian "poganyj" (directly related to
> "pagan") means "bad", "poor", "wretched", "spoiled".

 This should prove what, exacly?
 JFYI: Fedora measn stink. Go to #fedora and point that out!

> So why spoil software for spoiled people who even aren't creative
> enough to offer something, well, creative and not twisted, subtle
> and, um, eroding?

 What are you implying? That pagans (all sort of) are spoiled? You know that's
a generalization, at best?

> Heh.  Curing some diseases like yours isn't exactly interesting,

 Sir, could I point you to the Code of Conduct?

> I'd even step on the soapbox and say that we don't really need
> those careless "millions of users".  We need those that *are*
> intelligent and *can* benefit from those developer tools

 I really don't see your point. A guy started thread about theming Ubuntu for
pagans. Your trying to make him look like a fool. Do you have some personal
agenda against it?

> And I'd be curious enough to ask whether gay folks -- and there
> are seemingly even more of those than dedicated pagans -- should
> deserve their gay Ubuntu even before these do... there are lots
> of diseases, and priding them isn't productive.

 If they will make one, why not? Diseases you say? Should we exclude all
non-WASP people from Ubuntu? We should kick out following people:

 * Black (D'uh! Black people?)
 * Not following your religion/belif (cluess morons)
 * Womans (they should cook, clean and gave births, not think)
 * Invalids (if they can't walk, they can't follow my steps!)

> will find that idea (or both, including Gaybuntu) just OK.

 Man, that was some letter from you. You're sure open minded. And your
attidute can't be more of Ubuntu.

--
 Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski, http://bronikowski.com
 Monkey see, monkey do. Rather be dead than cool.