Fortune magazine article needs more info to be informative.

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski opi at cyb3r.org
Sat Jun 18 02:05:28 CDT 2005

On Friday 17 of June 2005 21:20, J.B. Nicholson-Owens wrote:

> Thus, for all we readers know, Theo de Raadt gave Fortune lots of
> information to stand behind his claims and it just wasn't passed on to us.

 I agree this article wasn't a pice of art, but if Fortune's kind of tabloid
for CEO's, Theo should not agree on interview.

> The closest anyone in this article can come to being a "rude troll" is
> Linus Torvalds because he reportedly only said that de Raadt was
> "difficult".

 For me, not dealing with people who bad mouth everything that they don't like
it's about being adult. You don't deal with everyone, but you don't call them
names. This article was just one of reasons, have you ever read anything else
from Theo? I like his code, but I don't like his attitude.

> But that could be misinterpreted too -- perhaps de Raadt's
> standards for quality programming are "difficult" to meet and Torvalds

 Maybe it is. But I wonder. In prev. interview Theo stated he never used
Linux. So this reads as armchair analys. I know he has all the knowledge to
judge things just by code, but somehow I can not belive he have read all the
2.6 tree. ;-)

 I like Linus opinion about BSD vs. Linux: Linux wants to be good at
everything, BSD want to be perfect on one area.

 I wish we just all could quit this something vs. something wars. But that's
just a pipe dream.

PS. I've kissed girls (lots of;-) -- that makes me BSD user, right? :D

--
 Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski, http://bronikowski.com
 The only source of knowledge is experience.