[UITN] What's next for Debian?

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Thu Jun 16 11:46:37 CDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 02:20:48PM +1000, Rob Sharp wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Some 'Ubuntu in the news' for you:
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=333
>
> Joe Brockmeier writes mainly about the Debian Sarge release, but also
> talks about Ubuntu, saying that "In a way, I kind of see Ubuntu as the
> Debian desktop release.". He goes on to talk about Ubuntu on servers,
> but "the 18-month lifecycle for Ubuntu isn't quite long enough to suit
> my needs."

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/ubuntu/releases/document_view

"In addition to the regular six-monthly releases, the Ubuntu team may make
an Enterprise Release (based on an existing time-based release) that has
received additional stabilisation, polish and translation work. These
Enterprise Releases will be supported for a longer period than the standard
18 month support of the time based releases. Upgrades will be supported from
enteprise release to enterprise release."

--
 - mdz