Conference presentation material (please suggest!)

Matt Galvin matt.t.galvin at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 21:13:50 CDT 2005

On 7/28/05, Jerome Gotangco <jgotangco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was invited to be a speaker for Ubuntu  on the upcoming LinuxWorld
> Philippines Conference 2005 (Sept. 14 to 16, 2005). The country's
> biggest LUG, the Philippine Linux User's Group (PLUG) is one of the
> organizers of the event.
>
> I'm still thinking of what to present at the moment, although I've
> already checked what's inside https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Presentations
> and might lift some of the materials in those documents. I was
> thinking of presenting a mix of Ubuntu Philosophy and a touch of
> Breezy and Edubuntu.
>
> What do you guys suggest?

Hey Jerome,

Very Cool. Good Luck with the talk!

Mentioning something about the Ubuntu Foundation might be appropriate.
The goals of the foundation, employing some of the core developers to
ensure the long term survival of Ubuntu and such.

Possibly mentioning Ubuntu's commitment to both its community as well
as the Debian community and the fact the a lot of work is being done
by both sides to coordinate applying fixes and etc... in a effort to
help each other.

Maybe something about the adoption rate of Ubuntu. The fact that it is
one of the fastest growing distros ever and still growing.

The thriving community.

The excellent responsiveness of the development team and the fact that
they are ALL available to talk to via email or irc... even sabdlf :)

These are just a few things off the top of my head, I will post more
if I think of anything good(well that i think is good anyway ;)).

Good Luck!

Hope this helps,

Matt