Trip to the Moon for $100m USD. Bargain!

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Wed Jul 27 11:09:35 CDT 2005

> Our local lefty and mostly-sane paper here in Britain, El Guardian, has a
> piece suggesting that the Russia Space Agency are looking at the possibility
> of Tourist Moon-trips:
>
>   http://www.guardian.co.uk/space/article/0,14493,1536818,00.html [0]
>
> OTOH, I have a feeling somebody might already know that...
>
> 	-Paul

Boy, I sincerely hope he does NOT know about it, as this would probably
mean : "Sorry guys, need some cash for a little trip to the moon, must
stop funding Ubuntu !"
somehow I have the feeling that the creation of the Ubuntu foundation,
and the initial $10million cheque, are closely related to this. Mark
must have thought he might not resist the temptation of this trip, and
decided to protect Ubuntu against himself so to speak ! ;-P
That said, not being in the IT industry hence not knowing how much a
Matt Zimmerman or Colin Watson might cost per year, I wonder how long
these $10millions will keep Ubuntu going for, at the current pace ? I
hope it will be enough for 3 years, 5 years in my dreams, but I am also
afraid that it might as well last only a year or so ! :o(((
So, please Mark, don't go to the moon, stay on earth, with us, with
Ubuntu, and keep helping Ubuntu to help it make the world a better place
for everyone ! :-)

--
Vince, slightly worried...