Suse 9.3 Review

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at imapmail.org
Sun Jul 17 11:56:34 CDT 2005

"Bleeding-Edge Linux Desktop: SuSE Linux Professional 9.3"

As we see more and more in online reviews these days, we get the "how
this distro compares to Ubuntu" comment:

"This is a Linux desktop for people who know Linux. No, it doesn't
require the level of expertise that say the Ubuntu distribution does,
but you're also not going to mistake SLP for such easy-to-use Linux
distributions as Xandros, Linspire or even Novell's own Novell Linux
Desktop.

I guess that puts Ubuntu mid-way in the "Distribution for Aunt Tilly,
high schoolers and refugees" usability test scale according to the
author.

One item to note:

"It also has the latest in Linux desktop software.  This includes the
Firefox 1.01 Web browser,"

So when are they going to upgrade Firefox 1.0.5?  1.0.1 is so 2004 :)

--
Daniel Robitaille