[UITN] small LinuxTag article

Benj. Mako Hill mako at ubuntu.com
Mon Jul 4 13:28:26 CDT 2005

<quote who="Daniel Robitaille" date="Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 07:20:53AM -0700">
> gnomedesktop.org has the english translation of a german online article
> about the Gnome activities at LinuxTag
>   http://gnomedesktop.org/node/2302
>
> From an Ubuntu point of view, two of the highlights of that article were
> that the 10-people Gnome team at LinuxTag distributed over 1000 Ubuntu CDs,
> and also distributed 250 copies of a GNOME LiveCD (based on Ubuntu; the iso
> file soon to be available at www.gnome-ev.de).

Not sure if the article mentioned this (I'm writing offline) but the
Ubuntu presence there was strong with not only great work by Josh
Kress and the whole GNOME team but with three talks on Ubuntu:

* A major massive-room German-language keynote by renowned German
  technical author Michael Kofler done in part to promote his new book
  on Ubuntu (of which I managed to get a signed copy of).

* My more developer-oriented talk to a packed room on derivation and
  the Ubuntu development process.

* Michael Banck's talk on the Ubuntu development and decision-making
  policies and structures as part of Debian Day.

Josh deserves a lot of credit for the success of Ubuntu's presence at
LinuxTag and other country team could learn a lot from his example.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill