Not quite Ubuntu in the news...

Paul O'Malley ompaul at eircom.net
Tue Jul 5 03:32:34 CDT 2005

Brian Puccio wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-07-05 at 08:25 +1000, Rob Sharp wrote:
>

>>... but the Edubuntu guys may like to try and help these guys fully
>>switch to OSS, which they seem to have in mind.
>>
>>http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/4642461.stm
>>

>Yeah, but when Microsoft catches wind of this, they'll offer them $1
>licenses for Windows.  The bureaucrats, seeing a huge markdown, will
>jump on it.

Hi,

Maths time:
1100 units, needing upgrades,
so after a debate extra hardware is bought and
if we randomise it at .75 x 11000 uk pounds sterling
the new TCO is
in the region of 8 and a half thousand pounds sterling
vs no hardware upgrades and spend the money on education
and guess what, learn about uptime :)

Just my euro zone two cents worth.

Regards,

Paul O'Malley