GNOME, Slackware, Ubuntu

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Sat Jan 15 13:31:27 CST 2005

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005, sparkes wrote:

> didn't everyone use slack to begin with?  unless you already had a
> working minix system, were mad, or could pronouce yggastril?  At least
> until Debian arrived ;-)

My first unix was MiNT on an Atari TT030. Once I ended up with commodity
PC hardware, I migrated to Debian and OpenBSD.  I've seen great things in
each one, but ended up focusing on Debian as the lesser of all evil.

However, I've never been totally satisfied with Debian, largely because
some package maintainers are needlessly agressive and stubborn individuals
who refuse to acknowledge the common good of end-users, instead insisting
on producing packages that exclusively catter to their own selfish needs.

--
Martin-Éric Racine, ICT Consultant
http://www.iki.fi/q-funk/