GNOME, Slackware, Ubuntu

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski opi at cyb3r.org
Sat Jan 15 10:03:26 CST 2005

sparkes wrote:

> didn't everyone use slack to begin with?

  Nope. First Open Source OS I've used was NetBSD (Amiga flavor), it
took  me a month to see kernel output. Man, what a fun way to spend
summer vacation! ;-)

  Then I've used Debian, OpenBSD and after two years, when my skills was
better I've installed my first Linux, and it was Debian. After I've
moved to new place, I didn't have Internet for two months, so I had to
find some Linux distribution that didn't req. Internet for installation
(I never installed Debian from whole CD, it was allways netinstall).
That's my Slackware story. ;-))

--
  Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski
  http://opi.pegasos.pl http://ubuntulinux.org