LiveJournal Ubuntu Community

Mary Gardiner mary-sounder at puzzling.org
Thu Jan 13 17:25:02 CST 2005

On Thu, Jan 13, 2005, John Levin wrote:
> On a related note, the social bookmark aggregator del.icio.us is
> getting ubuntu links added (some from me). See:
> http://del.icio.us/tag/ubuntu
> Rss:
> http://del.icio.us/rss/tag/ubuntu

Is it a good idea to suck in data from a large number of users in a
single feed like this? I wonder if the people being comment spam would
ever find a way to spam del.icio.us or Technorati and by extension,
everyone hauling in content from sources with such a broad net. (I'm
very paranoid about this now -- some of my favourite sites have recently
shut down both comments and trackbacks, and some of them are under such
a deluge of referrer spam they're having trouble keeping their bandwidth
under control).

-Mary