SU

Sascha Morr sascha.morr at sturmkind.info
Sun Jan 9 12:46:00 CST 2005

moondogie schrieb:
> I need SU privilages . Set-up did not allow for this configuration as I
> would like to use apt-get to update the distro . I would like more
> multimedia software as Totem dosen't seem to support many media
> extentions
> Thanks , monty

Hello,

you could use sudo (sudo apt-get.., sudo apt-cache...) or set a root
passwort after installation. Just type 'sudo passwd' and set a root
paswort. Alternative you could use synaptic that will come with the
basic installation for installing optional software. But in this way you
should use the universe and multiverse mirror too. See also the ubuntu
wiki (http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki).

cheers
Sascha