When we get a Enlightenment-Ubuntu? ;-)

Craige McWhirter craige at mcwhirter.com.au
Sun Feb 27 14:22:29 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 18:41 +0100, Sascha Morr wrote:

>a few minutes ago a friend tell me to watch the last two videos at
>http://www.rasterman.com/index.php?page=News and now i ask when we get a
>Enlightenment-Ubuntu? *smile* This wouldn't be the right for the office
>but nice for die private desktop ;-)

E17 is still under heavy development and is not yet ready for being
included in a distribution. To use it, as I do, you need to download the
CVS[1] and simply run dpkg-buildpackage in each library / application
source tree in the specified order[2], installing the resulting packages
as you go.

If you're prepared to hack around a little for the luscious eye-candy
that is e17, then it's great. If you want something that "just works"
you'll have to wait a little while longer.

[1] http://enlightenment.org/pages/source.html
[2] http://enlightenment.org/pages/cvsnotes.html

--

Cheers,