router question

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Sun Feb 27 10:16:11 CST 2005

Hmm... I remember hearing about some crackful protocol that Windows can
speak to firewalls saying "please open a hole up for me now". Perhaps
that has the effect of initiating a connection over ADSL, though I
thought ADSL modems tried to run always-connected. If you can find out
what needs to be done, and document it in the wiki as a feature
proposal, we can take a view on supporting it for a future release.