distrowatch comment: "Ubuntu Breezy Badger - is it too dumbed down? "

Jerome Gotangco jgotangco at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 09:31:02 GMT 2005

A good question here is that what percentage of our users, as well as
potential users have a need for such development tools? In my opinion,
any user with enough knowledge of using a Linux system, much more use
command line tools would know what's missing and be able to fill the
gaps with little or no difficulty at all. That's why we have well
versed linux users, even with only a year's worth of CLI experience,
easily moving/using other *nix-based systems.

On the other hand, trying to fill the so called gaps will have the
product loose focus - to the point that it would take more than 1 CD
to ship a product. Sure people can download but we also deliver CDs
via ShipIt and that costs money even if its just a few cents to create
one.

Jerome Gotangco
jgotangco at ubuntu.com | jgotangco at gmail.com
Mobile: +639196555242