WikiPedia is threatened

David Allouche david at allouche.net
Sat Dec 17 23:56:03 GMT 2005

On Sat, 2005-12-17 at 19:03 +0000, john levin wrote:
> It appears that this is a complete scam, run by some crooks behind a
> fraudulent charity:

Regardless of the merits or legitimacy of the wikipediaclassaction.org
site, I do find their "reuse" of the wikipedia logo interesting.

"The Inaccurate Encyclopedia" accurately describes the level of credit
that can be reasonably given to any project such as Wikipedia, or even
the whole internet. It would apply equally well to The Hitchhiker's
Guide to the Galaxy.

I do not know how much commercial interests weight in the Wikipedia
governance, but if they do not weight to much and if they have an ounce
of humor and self-derision, they ought to incorporate that quote into
their logo!

Sometimes, I hope that one of the greatest contributions of the internet
to humanity would be the development of a critical sense in the
hoi-poloi, through permanent exposure to bullshit, controversy and
conspiracy theories.

The alternative is that the population of internet users would become a
bunch of abused, undecided and paranoid morons (are they?) or that the
free speech revolution we are all taking for granted would be taken
back.
--
                                                            -- ddaa