Ban Free Software In France

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 17:40:05 GMT 2005

> If my reading of this is correct, it will be illegal to do Free Software
> work in France, and maybe even possess it.
>
> http://www.fsffrance.org/news/article2005-11-25.en.html
>
> Should I be shocked given that the BSA have their mits in this pie.

See thin link about this:
"Lost In Translation: The French Government Isn't Banning Open Source Software"
http://techdirt.com/articles/20051202/1451240_F.shtml

Quotes from that link:
"it looks like it's really a law banning circumvention of copy
protection -- like a French version of the DMCA. It may also be trying
to ban "open source" file sharing software that is used to infringe on
copyrights. "

--
Daniel Robitaille