Lost jobs due to open source

Ruben Vermeersch ruben at Lambda1.be
Thu Aug 25 08:55:35 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-24 at 08:44 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="David Allouche">
>
> > The dinosaurs of this "industry", are rightfully afraid.
>
> And, interestingly enough, so are the gold rush youngsters, joining the
> industry purely for the monetary reward. The people who will adapt to a
> changing industry are the ones who have a love for what they do, not dollar
> signs in their eyes. :-)

For most I speak to, it's not really about the money, it's about just
finding a job. Maybe (hopefully) that'll change in the next few years,
but it's quite hard to find an OSS job nowadays.

And that's what they're afraid for. OSS is nice & all, but having an
income & food is nicer for them.

They call me crazy for aspiring a F/OSS future (you'll never find a
decent job!), at least I try...

--
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv)
http://www.Lambda1.be/