Colony 3 in the news

Michael Shigorin mike at osdn.org.ua
Sat Aug 20 04:28:38 CDT 2005

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 10:08:40AM +0200, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> Problem is that I don't have any Blank CD's left and that I am
> too skint to buy more CD's. I keep planing on buying a CD-RW so
> that I can burn as many Ubuntu test CD's as I want in the
> future, at no cost, but I have read horror stories aobut CD-RW
> media, and therefore don't know what brand/model to
> trust/choose (any advice welcomed)

Any cheap-o Esperanza will do at least *quite* more than a few
records.  Proper TDK (not that colorful packs) or proper Verbatim
(don't even look at DataLife, it's MoneyJunk: cheap-o media with
an expensive words on it; DataLifePlus is worth it).

> plus they don't sell them one by one, so I will have to buy at
> least 5 of them (expensive) and be using only one... not very
> cost effective, and I am very sensitive to cost...

Uh-oh, is it really *that* expensive there?  Retail prices here
are somewhere about 20 to 40 US cents per CD-R, maybe 40 to 60
or thereabout for CD-RW.  Wholesale prices are even lower.

> Okay, for this time, I will try and steal a blank CD from
> someone, just so I can report bugs on the Colony 3 installer.
> On the desktop side, I hope that X.org is now happy with non-US
> keyboard layouts (at least French, for I am concerned with...),

Those pioneering guys do break things *this* way??!

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin <mike at altlinux.ru>