oneline article: "Debian Alliance on The Horizon"

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at
Wed Aug 10 06:34:10 CDT 2005

<quote who="Ed Cogburn">

> > The KDE packages are in Ubuntu *main*.
> And they're supported/maintained by volunteers outside of Canonical.

No, Canonical supports what is in main.

> We have a different idea of what "official" means, I guess.  To me,
> official support means you don't need a different name or a separate
> website.  :)

It's a derivative distro which just happens to be entirely built from
packages in Ubuntu main (the supported set). When you're talking about
official support, the only answer is: Yes.

- Jeff

GNOME Summit: October 8th-10th
   "They are, as I told Telsa, all very small cheques. Indeed our cheques
   only come in one size, otherwise cheque books would be far too hard to
                          manufacture." - Alan Cox