ubuntu cd handout at an ict event

Sascha Morr sascha.morr at sturmkind.info
Mon Apr 18 00:35:29 CDT 2005

Mark Shuttleworth schrieb:
> I don't think we have good stats on live cd usage. I'm interested if you
> guys think a live-cd-based installer (boot the live cd, like it, say
> "install" and it does so) would be popular, as that's one area we could
> devote resources.

Hello Mark,

the Idea is very good and it could work with a script based installer
like the one used on Knoppix (1) or Kanotix (2). We only need a easy to
use gui to help the user. Both based on Debian and it shouldn't be to
difficult for a skilled coder to adapt it for ubuntu.

cheers
Sascha

(1) http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
(2) http://kanotix.com/info/index.php?lang=en