just curious: why no mention of GNU?

J.B. Nicholson-Owens jbn at forestfield.org
Thu Apr 14 18:56:12 CDT 2005

Dmitriy Kropivnitskiy wrote:
> Right, this is what I call monopolistic intimidation. And once you win
> this battle what is gonna be the next one? That any software compiled
> using gcc should have a GNU in its name? Or any software linked against
> LGPL library? Or any software whose files I listed using GNU/ls?

Considering that many programs have met those requirements for almost two
decades, I'd say that it's safe for you to do the research and see if there's
a track record of such requests; particularly interesting requests will come
from members of the FSF or those who work on GNU Project programs.  As far as
I know, nobody has ever asked for these things and there are very good reasons
why they haven't, most of which I've already explained.