Ubuntu on Veronica Mars

Mary Gardiner mary-sounder at puzzling.org
Thu Apr 14 17:27:24 CDT 2005

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005, Daniel Robitaille wrote:
> one possible idea for the web site: a little sound file with Mark
> telling the world how to pronounce it properly.   Then next time we
> find someone not pronouncing it properly, we could point them to the
> web site.

Or you could get a native speaker of whichever language "Ubuntu" comes
from (was it Zulu?), because my third hand information suggests that it
wasn't from Mark's native language. I can only hope that it turns out to
be a click language and that the middle vowel is actually a kissy lip
smacking click... ;)

-Mary