My CDBURNER devices have changed?!

Paul Harper pjharper at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 01:52:37 CDT 2004

Hello,

I sucessfully installed on a Pentium II which I will
be using mostly at the command line and a Pentium III
with 128 meg of RAM.

The pentium III is running a triple boot setup with
Ubuntu taking the place of knoppix, Fedora and now
WinXP as well.

I previously only had linux variants on this computer.

I needed WinXP to study for my SANS GSEC exam so I
installed it first. Then I installed Ubuntu to hda5.
hda6 is for data which is linked to Fedora on hda7.
Hda 8 is a small 750 mb partition for remastering
knoppix.

the wierd thing is before I installed WinXP my dvd was
dev=0,0,0 and my cdburner was dev=0,1,0.

Now my burner is dev=1,1,0 (acording to cdrecord
-scanbus). I can't burn at all in either ubuntu or
fedora. I actually had to sink to burning in WinXP
last night.

Has anybody else had this problem (I suspect linked to
WinXP)? Any idea of how to troubleshoot it?

I don't think ubuntu is the problem here. As it is
also occuring in fedora.

Otherwise I am really impressed with ubuntu.