What package(s) are needed to install nvidia support ?

James Gregory james at james.id.au
Tue Sep 14 21:54:56 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 07:21 +0200, Fabio Massimo Di Nitto wrote:

> > Finally (and this probably belongs in bugzilla but anyway), I upgraded
> > my kernel with apt and used apt to get the nvidia stuff. The nvidia
> > package installation complained that there was already stuff
> > in /lib/modules/`uname -r`. I thought to myself "of course there is!".
>
> It didn't happen here.. can you show us the errors please?

I tried to recreate this situation last night by removing the pacakges
that my bash history said I'd installed. It didn't do the same thing.
I'm currently putting a fresh sounder8 install onto a qemu VM on my
laptop. I'll try to reproduce it from there and let you know.

James.

--
James Gregory <james at james.id.au>