Release8 reportinstallation

Mark Shuttleworth mark at hbd.com
Mon Sep 13 11:53:09 CDT 2004

>This already was discussed to death. Because there are people who
>don't hear anything below 50% of the mixer and there are other people
>which would be accused for breaking windows and eardrums if they set
>their mixer to 30% (whatever they connected their computers to...), it
>was decided to leave this at 0.

No it wasn't :-)

We need to set something like 50-70% for:

  - PCM
  - Synth
  - Master

I believe that for Hoary we might want to have a database (!) of
soundcards (along with video cards, monitors, chipsets....) and in that
we could store sane defaults for all known cards.

Try Debian GNU/Linux. Software freedom for the bold, at www.debian.org
http://www.markshuttleworth.com/