Mouse button emulation [was: Re: sounder 8 install report]

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Mon Sep 13 10:27:22 CDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 16:10 +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 04:30:13PM +0200, David Allouche wrote:
> > >
> > > Please don't. The left and right apple keys on my iBook G4 (German
> > > layout) send exactly the same keycode, and I need this key for AltGr
> > > (to be able to enter @ ~ { }  [ ] and so on.
> >
> > Seconded.
> >
> > At least on my iBook, both Cmd and Alt keys send the same keycodes which
> > afaict are associated to LeftMeta and LeftAlt. The Fn-modified variants
> > send RightMeta (not very useful) and RightAlt (very useful).
>
> Hm. To clarify, are you saying that Fn-Alt is already used?

Colin, remember from our debug session about the Spanish keyboard
problem, the AltGr key is the Fn + Alt and we need it for |@#\~½/][}{«»
and some other chars.

> Is there any keycode that *isn't* used? I'm despairing of finding one
> here.

There was mouse emu that let's us handle the mouse like MacOSX does, one
key + click and you get more mouse buttons but I was not able to test it
yet.

Cheers.
--
Carlos Perelló Marín