John on S8

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Mon Sep 13 06:39:39 CDT 2004

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 12:06:29PM +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> >This is an issue to consider in itself.  The current approach gives
> >the user no choice about using the network; once we do a security
> >update for, say, the kernel, or XFree86, all installations from
> >Internet-connected systems would need to download those packages,
> >even if they're on a modem.  This seems like a potentially serious
> >usability issue for many users.
>
> Yes, I agree there needs to be a question asked.

We also add http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ (i.e. the regular archive,
not security) at the moment. In that case, I strongly believe that we
need to ask for a mirror.

We can probably get away without the mirror question in the case of
security.

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]