Mouse button emulation [was: Re: sounder 8 install report]

Jeff Waugh jeff.waugh at canonical.com
Sun Sep 12 17:13:32 CDT 2004

<quote who="Martin Pitt">

> None at the moment. It would be great if we provided a default, but
> which keys should be sacrificed for the mouse buttons?

I have always used Fn-Ctrl and Fn-Alt as my mouse keys, with this little
snippet from /etc/sysctl.conf:

  dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation = 1
  dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode = 97
  dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode = 100

- Jeff

--
What's all that about?                           http://www.no-name-yet.com/

   "Do you know what [television news ownership] means to me? It gives me
                the political muscle I need." - Kerry Packer