20040910/11 install

Colin Watson cjwatson at canonical.com
Sun Sep 12 19:22:57 CDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 08:21:09PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> - select German as locale, next menu has the default on Belgium,
>  hey guys, that's the same as Nigeria as the default for English!

This is a thorny problem due to the way the translation infrastructure
works. See Debian bug #265161 for details.

> - installation of the base system: "unpacking" not translated

Many of our changes aren't. Feel free :-)

(Actually, I could probably manage a German translation myself, I
suppose.)

> - I'm asked on which device I want to install grub (hard disk
>  has existing partitions, which I kept), didn't try this on a fresh
>  disk.

You're asked this question if another operating system is found on the
disk that os-prober doesn't recognize. This could be an os-prober bug.

> - dialog Finish installation (before reboot). heading is German,
>  dialog text is english (For stage of installation is complete).

As above.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                    [cjwatson at canonical.com]