Release8 reportinstallation

Sebastien Bacher seb128 at debian.org
Fri Sep 10 03:28:55 CDT 2004

Le jeudi 09 septembre 2004 à 18:53 +0200, VETSEL Patrice a écrit :

> POINT 8 : Try to listen .mp3 or .ogg .... totem (or gstreamer) crash,
> play fine with rhytmbox.

Any way to get a backtrace of the crash ? Does it crash with all the
mp3/ogg files ?

> POINT 11 : documents saved with abiword or gnumeric can't be launched by
> a double-click.

The .desktop files probably need an upload, I'll look on this today.

> POINT 13 : Open Office is not in french, with a little research many
> packages for my environment are not installed (aspell-fr,
> openoffice ...). D-I know that i'm french so may be there is a way to
> select fr packages during installation.

aspell-* are way too big for the CD (IIRC you need something like 200M
for all of them) ..

> POINT 16 : go to preferred applications : epiphany is selectionned but
> not installed.

The preferred app should be firefox now (with gnome-vfs2
2.7.92-0ubuntu2).

Please give the return of this command with a fresh config (ie: "mv
~/.gconf/desktop/gnome/url-handlets/http somewhere && killall gconfd-2
if needed"):
$ gconftool-2 -R /desktop/gnome/url-handlers/http

> POINT 18 : I launch evolution and the first screen are so bigger than my
> resolution/screen (1024x768) see attachments.

This is a problem with the french translation of the window saying
that's a development version:
- this has been already pointed by ploum
- this dialog about the devel version will not be on 2.0 since that's
not a devel version :p

> POINT 20 : French translations  seems not good. We have "Groupes
> disponibles" that's ok, and "Groupes secondaires" , mmmh... seems to be
> a mistake , must be "Groupes sélectionnés" i think.

Which translations ? All the debian and GNOME translations ?
I help on the GNOME french translation, so please try to give details
about your problems so I can fix them. Where are these "Groupes ..."
strings ?

> POINT 21 : i configure samba printers, and make a test page. The test
> page with big "XIMIAN DESKTOP"... may be this page could be changed by a
> new design ;)

Yes, already noticed :)

> POINT 23 : I click on the menu "about ubuntu" nothing happend.

Probably because your prefered browser is epiphany which is not
installed (it's supposed to browse the website for the moment, will
change).

Thanks for the review !

Cheers,

Sebastien Bacher